It has been for so many years that the debate between electric wheelchairs and mobility scooters is raging. There are some people who prefer an electric scooter, and there are people who are completely in love with their wheelchairs. Though electric scooter for seniors is gaining an upper hand, there are still many people who love to move around in their comfortable wheelchairs. Let us try to find more about all this and which one is more suitable for seniors.
Electric wheelchairs are smooth and automatic
• One of the best things about electric wheelchairs is that these are smooth and automatic. All you need is to charge up the battery with the help of a power source, and you are good to go. The automatic operation makes it a smooth affair.
• Another positive feature about electric wheelchair is that it can be used for long distance and can be easily moved within tight space. Even if there is a tough terrain then also you can enjoy moving in an electric wheelchair.
• There are few drawbacks associated with such wheelchairs such as frequent charging is required and you need to make sure that regular maintenance is done. All this can add to the operational cost.
Mobility scooters can be easily assembled and customized
• Mobility scooters come with numerous benefits such as easy customization can be done. These can be easily assembled and are considered as good for those people who are facing some mobility issues.
• Mobility scooters can move very fast which means if you want to move from one spot to another in a hurry then these scooters are a perfect choice. Mobility scooters make you life more independent as they can be easily controlled and manoeuvred with a simple push of a button and handle.
• There are few drawbacks such as heavy weight. You need to charge the battery on a regular basis. These cannot be used for travelling purposes, and most of the models are not foldable.
• If we compare electric scooter for seniors and mobility scooters, then we can say that both have their use and unique features. It is up to you to decide which one you want. Electric wheelchairs can be folded and come with additional accessories such as leg rests and arm rests.
• On another hand, mobility scooters are ideal for indoor use and can be used by people with minor mobility problems. There are people who don’t require a wheelchair to move from one place to another and for such people mobility scooters are a perfect choice.
Final Word: If you are planning to buy an electric wheelchair or mobility scooter then make sure to do your research so that you can buy the best thing for you. The comparison mentioned above will help you in selecting the best choice, and you will be able to make your life smoother and better.